Meeting VICTIMS where they’re at
Leslie and our team of Survivor Sisters hit the streets of Grand Rapids three times a week—rain or shine—searching for women trapped in exploitation and prostitution.
During these outreach efforts, our team:
- Distributes Blessed Bags filled with personal care items, Scripture, food, and water
- Hands out business cards with Leslie’s personal number to call when they’re ready to leave the streets
- Prays with each woman
Victims trust our outreach team because we know what it’s like to live in fear and without hope. And hope is what we bring to each encounter.
Our newly opened, 24-hour Victim Help Center is a lifeline for women in our community. Staffed 24-hours a day, Sacred Beginnings.....
EMPOWERING HEALING & HOPE
Rescued from the street, victims move to Sacred Beginnings’ transition home. Since 2005, Sacred Beginnings has served 500 women and currently houses 8 women in our transition home in Grand Rapids. It’s led and staffed by survivors, providing a safe place to heal—physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Our holistic approach includes:
- Detox through partnering organizations
- Trauma counseling with certified social workers
- One-on-one peer mentoring with a fellow survivor
- Group therapy
- Life skills coaching
- Optional Bible study
- Education and career counseling